Communication between caregivers and families is always in the best interest of a child. Consider giving families some time to reflect on a few questions before coming to a family conference. Sample questions can be the following:
- What do you think your child would say he or she enjoys most about family child care?
- Has your child expressed any concerns? Do you have any concerns?
- What skills do you feel are important for your child to be developing?
- Please list any social and/or behavioral goals you have for your child at this time.
- What questions/issues would you like addressed at our conference?
- Think about anything else you would like to share with us about your child or your family.