Spend some time observing the infants and toddlers in your care during play and then answer the following questions:
- Identify three learning materials that toddlers choose frequently or that infants show an interest in.
- Why do you think these materials are chosen / seem interesting on a regular basis?
- Identify three learning materials that children rarely play with or show an interest in?
- Why do you think these materials are rarely played with?
- What would you do to increase the children’s interest in these materials?