Creating a Welcome Book for families can be a way to compliment the formal parent handbook they receive and offer an additional opportunity to introduce yourself, the early care and learning setting, etc. Consider presenting the information through the eyes of an infant or toddler in an effort to further demonstrate that your program is a place where young children’s ideas are valued. Review and pick from the following as you create your book:
- How can infants, toddlers and families learn what we do here?
- Include a map of your space with ideas about what you do in the different areas
- What are some suggestions and ways that you help toddlers learn to take turns?
- What are some of the things infants and toddlers will learn during their time with you?
- What are some ideas about ways that infants and toddlers contribute to the center family?
- What special experiences and activities can families look forward to?