How do you define resilience and social-emotional development? Take a few minutes to read and respond to these questions. Then, share and discuss your responses with a colleague, administrator, trainer or coach.
- Think about yourself as a child—what were you like? How would you describe yourself?
- Do you remember an adult who was kind and helpful to you as a child? What did you learn from this person?
- Describe a good day at work. Next, describe a bad day at work. How do you respond? Is there someone you seek to share your day with or ask for help from?
- What helps you when you feel stressed?
- Think about the significant relationships you had as a child. How did these relationships influence your social behaviors?