There are so many ways families can participate in your classroom and program. Fill in some of the ways below.
- What activities are families invited to attend?
- How do you make families feel like a part of your program?
Posting family photographs in the home
Including children’s books about families
Calling family members by name
Asking them to volunteer in program activities
- How do you get families involved in your program?
Art: Encouraging families to work on a simple art project
Music: Inviting families in to share play music with children Encouraging family to share music from their culture
Cooking: Asking families for recipes to create a program cookbook Allow parent to help prepare a snack with children
Outdoors: Creating family field day at a park
- What opportunities do families in your program have to participate in other program activities?
- Large group meetings
- Family nights
- Family councils in the community
- What parent education programs does your local community offer?
Language classes, Nutrition course, Other...
- What family resources do you offer?
- Local schools information and resources
- Service specific military information for families