|Defining What It Means to Be “Professional”||
ACTIVITY ID: 20566
Adapted from Illinois Gateways ECE Credential Level 1 Module 6: Personal and Professional Development.
Use the following characteristics to help you write a brief definition of a professional. Think about how your role as a family child care provider meets your definition of a professional.
- Are knowledgeable in their field.
- Are experienced in their field.
- Are capable and skilled.
- Take their work seriously.
- Are ready to learn more and develop further in their field.
- Write your own definition of a professional below.
- How do you demonstrate professional behaviors each day as you care for children in your home?