|Acting Responsibly and Ethically||
ACTIVITY ID: 20591
Acting responsibly and ethically should be at the core of your practice as a family child care provider. In your daily interactions with children, their families, and community members, engage in the following:
- Keep information about children and their families confidential. This includes reviewing child and family records or having conversations with other people you know in the community.
- When you know confidential information about a child or family member, use that information to help them and not judge them.
- If individuals ask you for confidential information about children or families, explain to them that you are unable to discuss confidential information.
- Treat each child, youth, and family member with respect, and acknowledge and honor individual differences in terms of gender, cultural background, family income, abilities, and family composition. Get to know the children and families in your care and incorporate their interests or practices in your daily work.
- Provide bias-free experiences and materials.
- Recognize and celebrate the contributions of each child and family in your care.
- Act in a responsible, reliable, and dependable manner. Be appropriately dressed and ready to greet children and their parents as they arrive at your home each day.
- Support practices that are ethical, responsible, and developmentally appropriate. Familiarize yourself with your licensing agency or service’s regulations, standards, and expectations for professional behavior.