Refer to the websites listed in the Apply section of this lesson. After reviewing some of the articles, think about your strengths and the ways you are developing relationships with families.
Ask about and share positive and current information about each infant’s or toddler’s routines and activities each day.
Ask questions and respond to families’ questions and concerns.
Learn about families’ strengths.
Use the information I learn from families to help meet each infant’s or toddler’s needs.
Talk and plan with families to support consistency in approaches across the home and care environments.
Think about a family you would like to learn more about and decide on the steps you will take to get to know them better. What do you already know about this family? Consider some of the strategies and approaches you have learned about and determine the best approach with this family.
- The family I am thinking about:
- What do I already know about this family? Strengths?
- I could get to know the family better by:
- I can plan to ask these questions to help get to know this family better:
- When I asked questions and tried these things with the family, I learned:
- I plan to use this information to: