Use the following questions to interview a co-worker you admire to help you learn more about the values and philosophy of an early-childhood professional.
- In your daily work, what are some things you do to earn respect and trust from families and other staff members?
- What professional behaviors have helped you maintain families’ and other staff members’ respect and trust?
- How have you created a safe environment for family members and other staff to speak honestly about concerns and issues?
- What advice do you have for becoming a professional caregiver?
- What resources have you found helpful in maintaining a trusting, respectful, and safe working environment?