How have challenging events in your own life or in the lives of any of your family members affected your family as a whole? Take a few moments to think about this and write some of your thoughts. Now think about some of the school-age children in your program and how challenging events in their lives may be affecting their families. What traits of your family do you think help you succeed and overcome challenging events? How can you apply your own experiences when working with families who face challenges?
- Some of the challenging circumstances and event(s) in my life are:
- The impact to my family of these challenging circumstances and events is:
- Some of the challenging circumstances in school-age children's lives include:
- This impact to families of the circumstances/event(s) described above is:
- Traits of my family that help me overcome challenges:
- How I can apply my own experience when working with families facing challenges: