Correcting New Accounts
If you have created a user and made a mistake in their name, email address, or any other user attributes, you should edit their account to reflect the correct information. Never create a duplicate user account to replace the faulty account.
If the user has not been able to receive their user-activation email, you can re-send the email. Follow the instructions below.
- Login to your account
- Navigate to your Staff Roster
- Use your account drop-down menu in the top-right header or the left dashboard menu on account/dashboard pages and choose "Staff Roster"
- Click "View Profile" on the user/staff-member you want to edit
- Click "User Management" on the staff-member's Account Details panel. Then Select Edit Account Settings.
- Edit any fields you wish
- Currently users can edit the name, position title, email-address, and password
- Supervisory users can also edit program/installation assignments, roles, and enrolled tracks
- Duplicate accounts should be reported to VLS Support for further assistance.
- To save your changes click "Save"
- If you do not wish to save your changes, simply navigate away from the edit page or close the tab/window.
- If the user has not received an activation email due to an incorrect email address, first correct the email address using the steps above, then navigate to their dashboard page.
- Click 'User Management'
- Click 'Resend Activation Email', this will send an account activation email to the address that you have corrected.
- If the user continues to have difficulty receiving their email or activation their account, please contact email@example.com