Within the Focused Topics Child Abuse Prevention for Support Staff course you will learn about:
- Examine the definition and types of child abuse and neglect.
- Explore how protective factors prevent child abuse and neglect in programs.
- Identify typical developmental milestones for children and youth.
- Identify the difference between acceptable and unacceptable guidance strategies used in your program.
- Examine features of facility that promote safety and prevent child abuse and neglect in the program.