Read through the qualities below of effective leaders provided by ZERO TO THREE at https://www.zerotothree.org/resources/415-what-is-reflective-leadership and then respond to the questions that follow.
An Effective leader possesses many of the following skills and abilities:
- Communicates a shared vision
- Is confident
- Exhibits a can-do attitude
- Facilitates and compromises; looks for “win-win” solutions
- Uses a team-based approach
- Is flexible, adaptive
- Listens attentively
- Motivates others
- Provides support and encouragement
- Sets clear goals
- Shares achievements
- Trusts others
- Uses humor
- Is there one skill or ability that seems most important to you as a leader in your classroom or program? Why?
- Which of these abilities or skills do you value in yourself and others? How do you model these abilities or skills to the children in your care? How do you model these abilities or skills to your colleagues?