Within the Management Healthy Environments course you will learn about:
- How to help adults understand the importance of handwashing and universal precautions, as well as when and how to properly wash their own hands and support handwashing of the children in their care.
- How to promote sanitary restroom environments, as well as sanitary and developmentally appropriate practices with regards to toileting and diapering.
- How to ensure staff conduct daily health checks and how to manage infectious diseases in your program.
- How to ensure that staff model healthy eating and activity patterns and that your program promotes children's healthy eating and physical activity.
- How to help adults understand family protective factors and resilience to support children's and family members' mental health
- How to support families, children, and staff members within your program deal with stressors such as deployment.
- How to ensure your program is supporting children with special needs, such as asthma or allergies, and properly administering medication when necessary.